Dr. Yu-Gang Liu
Education and Fellowship:
1993~1998 M.B. Shandong Medical University (Medicine)
1998~2002 Pediatrician Jinan Children’s Hospital (Pediatrics)
2002~2007 M.D. Ph.D. Shandong University School of Medicine
(Immunology, Supervisor: Prof. Wen-Sheng Sun)
2007~2009 Assistant Professor, Deputy Director
2010~present Associate Professor, Deputy Director
Department of Pathophysiology,
Shandong University School of Medicine
Honors and Awards:
Apr 2005, Young Scientist Award, The 3rd Congress of the Federation of Immunology Society of Asia-Oceania (FIMSA 2005)
Nov 2006, Prize Scholarship for Excellent PhD of Shandong University
Nov 2006, Research Prize for PhD of Shandong University
Mar 2007, Selected for participant of Lindau Meeting of Nobel Laureates at July 2007, Germany & visited Gene Center of Munich University, Rudolf Virchow Center of Würzburg University (DFG Research Center for Experimental Biomedicine), Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Leibniz-Institut für Molekulare Pharmakologie (FMP), Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin, and Caesar Research Center at Bonn.
Xiaohong Liang, Yugang Liu, Qiu Zhang, Lifen Gao, Lihui Han, Chunhong Ma, Lining Zhang, Youhai H. Chen, Wensheng Sun. Hepatitis B virus sensitizes hepatocytes to TRAIL–induced apoptosis through Bax. J Immunol. Jan 1 2007, 178(1): 503-510.
Yu-Gang Liu, Su-Xia Liu, Xiao-Hong Liang, Qiu Zhang, Li-Fen Gao, Li-Hui Han, Ying-Lin Cao Nan Hou, Juan Du and Wen-Sheng Sun. Blockade of TRAIL pathway ameliorates HBV-induced hepatocyte apoptosis in an acute hepatitis model. Biochem Biophys Res Comm. Jan 12 2007, 352(2): 329-334. [Epub 2006 Nov 14.]
Qu Z, Liang X, Liu Y, Du J, Liu S, Sun W. Hepatitis B virus sensitizes hepatocytes to complement-dependent cytotoxicity through downregulating CD59. Mol Immunol. 2009 Dec;47(2-3):283-9. Epub 2009 Oct 4.
Juan Du, Xiaohong Liang, Yugang Liu, Zhonghua Qu, Lifen Gao, Lihui Han, Suxia Liu, Min Cui, Yongyu Shi, Zhiyong Zhang, Lijun Yu, Lili Cao, Chunhong Ma, Lining Zhang, Youhai Chen, Wensheng Sun. Hepatitis B virus core protein inhibits TRAIL-induced apoptosis of hepatocytes by blocking DR5 expression. Cell death and differentiation. (2009) 16, 219–229. 2008 Oct 17. [Epub ahead of print]
Xiaohong Liang, Juan Du, Yugang Liu, Min Cui, Chunhong Ma, Lihui Han, Zhonghua Qu, Zhiyong Zhang, Zhaohui Sun, Lining Zhang, Youhai H. Chen? and Wensheng Sun. The hepatitis B virus protein MHBs(t) sensitizes hepatoma cells to TRAIL-induced apoptosis through ERK2. Apoptosis. 2007 Oct;12(10):1827-1836.
Cui M, Wang L, Liang X, Ma X, Liu Y, Yang M, Liu K, Wei X, Zhou Z, Chen YH, Sun W. Blocking TRAIL-DR5 signaling with soluble DR5 reduces delayed neuronal damage after transient global cerebral ischemia. Neurobiol Dis. 2010 Aug;39(2):138-47. Epub 2010 Mar 30.
Cao L, Han L, Zhang Z, Li J, Qu Z, Du J, Liang X, Liu Y, Liu H, Shi Y, Liu S, Gao L, Sun W. Involvement of anoikis-resistance in the metastasis of hepatoma cells. Exp Cell Res. 2009 Apr 15;315(7):1148-56. Epub 2008 Dec 3.
Zhiyong Zhang, Lihui Han, Yugang Liu, Xiaohong Liang and Wensheng Sun. Up-regulation of Tropomyosin related kinase B contributes to resistance to detachment-induced apoptosis in hepatoma multicellular aggregations. Mol Biol Rep. 2009 May;36(5):1211-6. Epub 2008 Jul 2.
Zhiyong Zhang, Lili Cao, Jie Li, Xiaohong Liang, Yugang Liu, Hua Liu, Juan Du, Zhonghua Qu, Min Cui, Suxia Liu, Lifen Gao, Chunhong Ma, Lining Zhang, Lihui Han, Wensheng Sun. Acquisition of anoikis resistance reveals a synoikis-like survival style in BEL7402 hepatoma cells. Cancer Lett. 2008 Aug 18;267(1):106-15. Epub 2008 Apr 22.
Xiaohong Liang, Zhonghua Qua, Zhiyong Zhang, Juan Du, Yugang Liu, Min Cui, Hua Liu, Lifen Gao, Lihui Han, Suxia Liu, Lili Cao, Peiqing Zhao and Wensheng Sun. Blockade of preS2 down-regulates the apoptosis of HepG2.2.15 cells induced by TRAIL. Biochem Biophys Res Comm. 2008 May 2;369(2):456-463. Epub 2008 Feb 20.
Li-Fen Gao, Wen-Sheng Sun, Chun-Hong Ma, Su-Xia Liu, Xiao-Yan Wang, Li-Ning Zhang, Ying-Lin Cao, Fa-Liang Zhu, Yu-Gang Liu. Establishment of mice model with human viral hepatitis B. World J Gastroenterol. 2004; 10(6): 841-846.
1. Chun Guang Fan, Chun Mei Wang, Yan Wang, Rui Feng Li, Li Li, Wen Sheng Sun and Yu Gang Liu. MicroRNA-122 is down-regulated in hepatitis B virus-related hepatocellular carcinoma and targets NDRG3. Cell Biology International (2010) 34, S45.
2. Chun Mei Wang, Chun Guang Fan, Yan Wang, Wen Sheng Sun, Yu Gang Liu and Ji Hui Jia. MicroRNA-370 is down-regulated in hepatitis B virus-related hepatocellular carcinoma and targets insulin-like growth factor binding protein 4. Cell Biology International (2010) 34, S52.
3. Yan Wang, Chuan Tian, Chun Mei Wang, Chun Guang Fan and Yu Gang Liu. Influence of mycophenolate mofetil on BTLA and ICOS signaling in renal transplant rejection. Cell Biology International (2010) 34, S70.
4. Yugang Liu, Zhonghua Qu, Yongyu Shi, Xiaohong Liang, Wensheng Sun. Genomic and Proteomic Analysis of Hepatocellular Carcinogenesis in HBV Transgenic Mice. 96th AAI, Seattle, Washington, May 8-12 2009. C30
5. Yu Gang Liu, Zhong Hua Qu, Xiao Hong Liang, et al. Discovery of key complement components and relevant miRNA in HBV transgenic mouse model of HCC development. XXIth International Complement Workshop. (2006.10.22-26, Beijing, China) Abstract published on Mol Immunol 2007; 44(1-3): 209.
6. Yu Gang Liu, Zhong Hua Qu, Yong Yu Shi, et al. Microarray analyses and molecular profiling during hepatocellular carcinogenesis in HBV transgenic mice. Sixth International Symposium on Frontiers in Life Sciences- Molecular basis of disease, prevention and treatment. (2006.09.20-23, Qingdao, China) Abstract published on Cell Biol Int 2006; 30: S43.
7. Yugang Liu, Wensheng Sun, Qiu Zhang, et al. TRAIL-induced apoptosis pathway can be blocked by sDR5 in mouse models of human viral hepatitis B. The 3rd Congress of the Federation of Immunology Society of Asia-Oceania (FIMSA 2005), Poster Code: W2-3.24 No.276. (2005.04.18-22, Hangzhou, China)
8. Liu Yugang, Gao Lifen, Liang Xiaohong, et al. Reversion effect of soluble DR5 on TRAIL-induced apoptosis can alleviate liver injury of murine models with human viral hepatitis B. International Immunology Symposium Series 2004: Immune Regulation and Immunogenetics. S1-16. (2004.11.16-18., Shanghai, China)
9. [In Chinese] Yu-Gang Liu, Xiao-Hong Liang, Li-Hui Han, et al. Molecular mechanisms of liver diseases in different immune status of HBV carried mice. The 5th Conference of the Chinese Society of Immunology. （2006.11.3-5, Zhenjiang, China）
10. [In Chinese] Yu-Gang Liu，Zhong-Hua Qu，Yong-Yu Shi，et al. Screening for key molecules of hepatocarcinogenesis in mouse models by gene chip and proteomics technology. The 9th Conference of Cancer Biotherapy of China.（2006.07.19-22, Qingdao, China. Oral Presentation.)
11. [In Chinese] Yu-Gang Liu，Zhong-Hua Qu，Yong-Yu Shi，et al. Molecular profiling of hepatocarcinogenesis in HBV transgenic mouse models by proteomics technology. CNHUPO 4th Annual Conference. （2006.08.21-23，Xi’an, China）